12/31/2019 “STATE OF THE HALL” SUMMARY
Total funds raised to-date: $137,046
Total non-monetary contributions to-date: $136,837
Total dollars spent to-date: $122,654
Dollars Raised 2019: $28,562
Non-monetary contributions 2019: $15,183
Dollars Spent 2019: $38,070
Dollars generated through Hall Use-donations: $1,817
- The Kearney Community Hall Board held six formal meetings in 2019.
– With running water, bathrooms, and heat we hosted several events, generating some income.
- Linda Foss donated metal folding chairs with storage rack.
- We focused on (1) bathrooms with water and (2) the kitchen
- Contractor Scott Madsen worked intermittently throughout the year at an hourly rate
- Scott Gall was on site most of the time when contractors were present
- Shane Electric, Ramsey Enterprises, Carl Madsen, Parker Glass, Rick Pallister, Doug Brothers, and Jacob Gay donated labor (apologies for any omissions).
- We had gas turned on and began to heat the building.
- We framed, wired, and plumbed new bathrooms.
- The ‘basement” was wired, plumbed, insulated, heated, with sump drain. Well housing was reconstructed.
- We replaced ceilings in the kitchen, bathrooms, and utility room, and insulated above them.
- Floors in kitchen and utility room were tiled. Wood floors in bathrooms and meeting room were refinished.
- Kitchen shelves were added. A donated kitchen stove with hood was installed.
- We carefully saved and repurposed all the old knotty pine, to retain the look of the old Hall.
- Bathrooms and kitchen hood were vented. Dance hall floors were patched.
- Exterior walls inside kitchen, bathrooms, meeting room, utility room were painted.
- Dave Ramsey cleaned the fireplace and completed necessary repairs for use.
- The critters raising havoc in the crawl space were removed. Mouse control measures were implemented.
Next steps in renovation, by Priority:
- Deck, soffit, railings, steps, ramp, exterior painting, fill, insulation
- Level & gravel parking area
- Bathroom fixtures, mirrors, shelves; kitchen triple sink, counter, cabinets, freezer
- Lights and outlets outside and in the hall, and fans
- Refinish dance floor & paint interior walls
- Exterior insulation, DRYVIT, roof trim, gutters
- Outhouses, playground, horse shoes, outdoor grill, lounging/picnic area, landscaping, sidewalks
- Web site upgrade and maintenance
- Individual contributions
- Bathroom Celebration 04/28/19
- Pot Luck & Dance 10/5/2019
- Occidental Jam Tip Jar
- Bozeman Trail Association contribution
- Quilt Raffle
- FPK/BTA Events
- Pot Luck & Dance 12/28/2019
- Johnson County Optional 1% Grant
- Johnson County Recreation District Grant
- Kearney Community Hall “Use Donations”
- Powder River Basin Resource Council contribution