12/31/2018 “STATE OF THE HALL” SUMMARY
Total funds raised to-date: $108,334
Total non-monetary contributions to-date: $119,385
Total dollars spent to-date: $85,601
Dollars Raised 2018: $32,326
Non-monetary contributions 2018: $25,103
Dollars Spent 2018: $30,842
- The Kearney Community Hall Board held four formal meetings in 2018.
- The screen was unveiled. It looks great!
- We interviewed with the Sheridan Press. The story ran Saturday December 1, 2018.
- Kate Yapuncich got our web site up and running
- We initiated discussions with the Fort Phil Kearny Superintendent regarding an agreement for their use
- The priorities have been (1) doors/windows and (2) bathrooms with water
- Contractor Scott Madsen worked intermittently October through December at an hourly rate
- Contractor Ken Huckeba worked for an hourly rate for 1 week in November
- Scott Gall was on site most of the time when contractors were present
- Ramsey Enterprises, Carl Madsen, Rick Pallister, Doug Brothers, and Jacob Gay donated labor (apologies for any omissions).
- Parker Glass sold us doors and windows at cost, and helped install them.
- Behrend Construction donated labor for window demolition/door installation.
- Michael D Thomas, his son Matt, and Joe Foss constructed and installed a new gate
- Adler Welding manufactured and donated a new overhead entry sign
- Powder River Energy installed the new overhead entry sign
- Shane Electric added lighted emergency exit signs at doors
- Victor Yapuncich donated a piano & tuning by Don Cherni.
- Volunteers and contractors completed door and window related concrete work and calking
- Doors were trimmed and can be stained and finished. Windows were sealed.
- The old east entry door and threshold were removed and the opening sealed with block.
- Outside block on doors and windows was primed for paint as needed.
- ADA Bathrooms were framed with plumbing vents in place.
- The south kitchen wall was moved, squared up, closed off, and refaced with repurposed knotty pine.
- The old bathroom was converted to a utility room with a new access trap door to the basement
- The warped header over the kitchen counter was miraculously straightened.
- The old rotten floor and ceiling tiles were removed in the kitchen and meeting room. Both are to be replaced.
- New thermostat wire was run for the meeting room stove.
- Gas pipes throughout were realigned with new valves, and pressure tested.
- Two new access entries to a crawl space were cut in the concrete, openings framed, and dirt excavated.
- Plumbing drains and feed lines were completed and protected from freezing.
- A meeting room hearth was built and stove re-installed and vented, ready for gas.
- The north overhead heater in the Hall was hooked up, vented, and is ready for gas.
- The dirt-floor basement was cleaned, lights installed, and pea-gravel spread.
- A rack was constructed in the basement upon which to mount the pump, softener, heater, etc.
- The wood meeting room floor was filled & sanded.
- The property boundary fence was moved by Powder River Fencing (donated – Thanks Vic!)
Immediate To-Do Priorities:
- Purchase and install water pumps, water heater, water treatment, and water storage in basement.
- Rough in electrical: lights & outlets, bathroom heaters, ceiling fan, kitchen outlets, hall outlets & fans.
- Finish walls, ceiling, and floor in bathrooms and meeting room. Select and purchase fixtures.
- Hook up the gas; turn on the heaters.
- Construct landings and steps for access to the building at all 4 doors. Begin the deck.
- Remove the old east concrete stoop and shape the parking area.
- Individual contributions
- Quilt raffle
- Johnson County Recreation District grant
- Johnson County 1% grant
- Father’s Day Open House and Pie Auction
- Doug Brothers donated a rifle sold at Brannian auction
- Kearney Community Hall “Use Donations”